Thursday, December 13, 2012

'Healthy lifestyles' wane in US - 2009

The picture is of, well it went something like this. I was looking around for something to eat. It started with looking for packages, cans, boxes, etc. You the stuff found in most kitchens. Those items are slowly finding there way out of the kitchen. So I thought how about some bok choy, cabbage, carrots and garlic. Reached for the olive oil and thought, let's go steamed with seasonings. Worked out great. Now what to put it on. Noodles! Well the ones I had are so far from wheat that I went with baked potatoes. I did use a little vegan spread and seasoning on the potatoes and then put that mound of veggies on top. Very good if I must say so myself. I'm taking action in my kitchen and trying to help spread the word that..... ..."If we want all Americans to achieve the health benefits of a healthy lifestyle, then all members of society must take action." Dr Steven Galson Acting US Surgeon General The number of US adults following a healthy lifestyle has fallen in the last two decades despite increasing public health campaigns, a study shows.

No comments: